Call for papers
Conference: Better Jobs for Development
Following the successes of the 2016, 2018 and 2019 Jobs and Development Conferences in Washington DC and Bogotá, the World Bank in collaboration with IZA (Institute of Labor Economics), the Network on Jobs and Development and UNU-WIDER are organizing a follow up conference focused on 'Better Jobs for Development'.
The two-day format will feature keynote speeches, a policy panel, and about 80 paper presentations in parallel sessions. The event will focus on policy-relevant research, applicable to identifying solutions to jobs challenges in low and middle income countries.
The organizers are interested in papers that focus on:
- Modeling developing countries’ labor markets: segmented and stratified markets
- Changing global value chains and their effect on jobs
- Market-relevant education and skills development
- Institutions, norms and female employment
- Coping with low earnings and improving workers’ protections
- Policies for increasing the quality of jobs
- Measuring the quality of jobs
Interested applicants wishing to present original research should submit full papers or extended abstracts by January 20, 2020 using the online application form. Notifications on contributed papers will be sent by February 29, 2020. We strongly encourage submission of full papers. For extended abstracts, full paper submission is due April 1, 2020.
Any queries can be emailed to IZA Senior Event Manager Ms. Viola Hartmann at email@example.com.